If you’re a college graduate looking to get experience tutoring New York’s most interesting students, this is your lucky day. Our partner, CDI, is hiring a Tutor to work directly with our students starting this year. You can learn apply by checking out the posting at idealist.org, but here is more information:
Part Time Academic Coach at City-As-School
Job Summary: Provide services to increase academic progress, attendance and graduation rates at City-As-School on a part-time basis of 20 hours per week Monday through Friday. This position pays $25 an hour.
About City-As-School (CAS): City-As-School emphasizes freedom, trust and responsibility. It’s a place where students learn by doing; doing in their internships, doing in their class work, and doing on their own as they prepare their portfolios for graduation. Started in 1972 with 15 students and a staff of four, CAS has grown to a student body of 685, and a staff of 86 dedicated teachers and administrators located on three campuses throughout the City of New York. Despite this growth the school has maintained the same core values it had at its founding: open communication (everyone in the school is on a first name basis), personal freedom (we don’t issue hall passes, there are no metal detectors and no violence in our halls), and personal accountability (students are responsible for getting to their placements on their own and for making up any days they miss regardless of the reason).
- Coordinate with school and CDI personnel in the provision of academic coaching and other services
- Monitor, facilitate and support the student relationships
- Assist with the completion of portfolio assignments and projects
- Ensure compliance with data management protocols.
- Assist students with preparation for the English Language Arts Exam
- Baccalaureate Degree required
- Ability to initiate and nurture relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of and commitment to strength-based and youth development perspective.
- Commitment to organizational mission, vision and values
- Commitment to create and nurture an inclusive, welcoming and respectful environment
- Proficient in writing and literacy instructional support
- Computer literacy